Faith on View Reborn
As most of the readers of Faith on View know, this blog is a project of love. It is something I am passionate about. But, it is also something that can get pushed to the side when life gets crazy. And… life has been crazy recently!
I have also come to realize, though, how important writing is for me. Almost two decades ago, my wife noticed how much my mood was affected when I wasn’t doing artwork. So, it became a priority to keep my artistic practice consistent. Have I mentioned life has been crazy?
I’ve been without a studio for the last 8 months and we are being forced to move again. Therefore, I’m not completely sure when I will have a new studio setup. With work, Ph.D. studies, and family drama, a lot of my creative work has fallen to the side over the last 8 months. It is time for me to once again make this blog, and other creative outlets, a priority.
A Focus on Creating
While I don’t know when I will have an art studio set up again, I do have a series of small pieces which I can work on without a studio. Those works will be a priority over the next few months. This blog doesn’t require a studio space so it is a much easier creative outlet and one that feeds a different need in my life. Hence, I will be putting a renewed focus into Faith on View. Also, we have already done the research and ranking for the 2018 Christian College Rankings so you can expect to see those published soon. I am currently working on the set-up and adding a new feature or two.
To keep me accountable, I have decided to publish here what the Faith on View schedule will be so that you all know what to expect. I should add that this is my, Rondall’s, schedule. Pamela has also been a bit overwhelmed the last year but I hope that she will be able to return to writing more consistently as well. Whatever she writes will be in addition to the schedule below.
The Faith on View schedule:
- Mondays- Weekly blog posts will be published and shared via social media.
- Tuesdays- On Facebook, I will post links from the Christian College Rankings.
- Wednesdays- Archive All-Stars: On Facebook. I will share some of the most popular past articles from Faith on View.
- Thursdays- From the Archive: I will select timeless articles from the Faith on View archive to share on Facebook, starting with the oldest and moving to the more recent.
- Fridays- Exploring Faith on View: I will share on Facebook links to different pages of Faith on View which readers may not have had the chance to explore.
- 1st & 3rd Tuesdays- The semi-monthly Faith on View email newsletter will be sent to our email list.
- 2nd & 4th Saturdays- Tournament of Artists: I will be resuming the Tournament of Artists. If you don’t know what it is, check out previous posts here or view the cumulative results and a short description here. This is just a fun way to throw a little fun and education into this blog.
- Memes- I love quotes. A couple of years ago, I started making memes that combined Pamela’s and my art with poignant quotes. These memes will be shared daily Monday through Friday.
I also have future additions planned for Faith on View including expansions to the Christian College Rankings, further development of the Art & Faith Resources, and some completely new additions to the website. I will keep you apprised of those as they unfold.
All this is to say that Faith on View is returning to a regular publishing schedule. We hope you continue to enjoy the content we produce. And, thank you for keeping an eye on this website over the last seven years. Well, almost seven years. Our first article published on December 23, 2011.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the website has also received a facelift so that it has a fresh, clean, contemporary feel. Enjoy!